Challenge your fear
Recently I had to challenge my fear of heights when I visited St. Kitts and toured one of the island’s main tourist attractions,
Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park—A UNESCO World Heritage Site.
A well-preserved fortress on the island. It was designed by British military engineers and built and maintained by African slaves.
It’s said to be one of the best preserved historical fortifications in the Americas.
While being there, I saw the extent to which it prepared the British to defend against any attacks from their enemies. They surround the Fort with canons at every level of the 800-feet-high hill.
Cannons were first mounted on Brimstone Hill in 1689 during the Nine Years’ War, by Jean-Baptiste du Casse, when the French used them to capture the English Fort Charles. The English, under Sir Christopher Codrington, used the same tactic to recapture the fort a year later. From then on, the English used the hill as a fortress, mounting a 24-pound cannon.
Challenging my fear of height
Being on the hill was a challenge for me as I have a fear of heights. That day, I decided I will conquer that fear, and I took the journey at each level up the hill with the help of a friend.
Knowing God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a self discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
Here I am at one of the top levels touching a canon
What is your fear?
When we live in FEAR, it keeps us from living up to our true potential.
It makes us doubtful, worried, anxious, stressed, and double-minded.
How do you remove fear from your life?
To make it simple, whatever fear is saying not to do, just do it…
Take up the challenge and face your fears…Step out in faith, knowing and believing you are a conqueror.
Even if you fail, at least, you would have tried, so you would not regret never trying.
5 Encouraging bible verses on fear.
1. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
2. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4
3. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
4. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? Psalm 118:6
5. Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
We all are like a fortress in terms of being not susceptible to outside influence or disturbance.
Don’t give in to your fears, just tap into what is within you and step out in faith and be victorious at every stage of your life.
Anytime you are on the Island of St Kitts you can visit this Brimstone Hill fortress it really is a nice place to tour.
Be blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus…
I love this article about fear. Very glad you overcame them. I too have a fear of heights mostly flying. I have gotten better over the years but I still have not completely overcome.
Thanks, yes overcoming those fear does take time and decisive actions…