Lauren’s testimony of seeing light through a cloud of depression.
Lauren was the daughter of alcoholics and struggled with depression throughout her life. She tried to find her worth by overachieving and putting on a happy face until a coworker noticed that she was trying to hide something deeper.
Depression is a mood disorder that causes persistent feelings of sadness and loss of interest. symptoms can range from mild to severe and may include:
- Feeling sad or depressed
- Losing interest or pleasure in activities that were once enjoyable
- Changes in appetite, unrelated to dieting, that cause weight gain or loss
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue
- Engaging in purposeless physical activity (such as hand-wringing or pacing) or slowed movements and speech that others can observe
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
To receive a diagnosis of depression, symptoms must persist for at least two weeks.