Learn in These 3 Steps the Consequences of not Going to Church.

Categories FaithPosted on
going to church

It’s important that we attend church.

This helps the community of believers to build each other up in the faith.

Hebrews 10:25 says, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”

It’s essential in these times, that believers dwell together in unity.

As you go through the epistle you see Paul writing to the churches about building unity and being a source of encouragement.

Here are some things to remember as a believer in Jesus:

  • We are the body of Christ.
  • We belong to Jesus and not ourselves.
  • Christ is the head of the body which is the church.
  • The Holy Spirit connects us to the head which is Jesus Christ.

Here are 3 consequences of not going to church:

  1. It impacts the function of the body.

The scripture says, “For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.” (Romans 12:4-5)

As Jesus is the head of the body and you are a part of the body, you need to function as a member of the body.

Let’s take a look at the human body. When one body part stops functioning, it places a burden on the other body parts. The body still functions but not at the capacity it was intended to.

The burden should not be on the 60% of people who are carrying the load of the ministry, while the other 40% are free. Your role, which includes your gifting and servitude within the body, is important because it helps to advance the kingdom of God.

  1. It impacts your spiritual growth.

When you have spiritually mature people around you, it helps you in your spiritual walk. They can help you navigate the trials and temptations that will arise. Also, they can help you develop your spiritual gifts and teach you the word of God.

You learn a lot from others. With the rise of false teachings, it is important that you are being taught the truth of God’s word by trusted and proven godly men and women. A lot of people are being hurt and led astray because of these enticing false teachings. They are causing many to fall away from the faith.

  1. It affects your prayer life.

Prayer keeps us connected to God. As it is our avenue for us to communicate directly with our heavenly father. There are times, however, when the church will need to come together and pray on specific things that may be happening within the church, community or nation. In Psalm 91, it states that one can put a thousand to flight but two can put ten thousand.

When we fully grasp the power of prayer, we will better understand the effectiveness it has when we stand together as one in prayer. Being around other prayer warriors in the faith has taught me how to pray. Since prayer is vital to your Christian walk, it’s good to be in the presence of those who can help your prayer as well as teach you how to pray strategically.


Some people may say there is no need to go to church. Yes, I know now that you can attend church online. But when we assemble together as a body, there is such a powerful presence of God there amongst his people.

Let us not forsake the dwelling together as believers as we fellowship with one another. But may we be present to function in the role as part of the body He has called us to operate in. God’s love for us is unconditional. He has given us His only begotten son, Jesus, who died for our sins and now stands as the head of the church.

I pray that you too will be an attentive and active member of the body, fulfilling the role that God has called you to. Be blessed.

Also view : How to Protect your Anointing- Guarding the Power of God in Your Life

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *