What is prayer?
Prayer simply put is having a conversation with God. It is one of the greatest ways we can stay spiritually connected to Him.
As we enter God’s presence, we must
-offer praise and adoration,
-repent of our sins,
-forgive those who have done us wrong,
-and listen to the Holy Spirit as he speaks to us.
We can only approach God the Father through His Son, Jesus (John 14:6; Ephesians 3:12). That is why we often hear individuals when praying, say: Father, we come to you in the name of Jesus.
They are different types of prayers:
Adoration – A prayer where praises are offered to God for who He is, His goodness and majesty. You would find many prayers of adoration in the Psalms.
Confession – A prayer to God where we confess our sins and shortcomings.
Supplication – A prayer of making a request unto God.
Intercession – A prayer of interceding to God on behalf of someone else.
Thanksgiving – A prayer of thanking God for His goodness towards you.
Jesus Thought His Disciples How to Pray
And it happened, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so on earth.
Give us day by day our daily bread.
And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive everyone that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. (Luke 11:1-4)
As we approach God in prayer, there is a three-step process in which we must follow to have our prayers answered as outlined in Luke 11:1-13.
He said to:
Here Are 7 Reasons Why Prayer Is Important
- Prayer helps us to build our relationship with God as we daily communicate with him.
- It breaks the yokes and bondages over our lives, families and nations.
- It gives us a piece of mind. When we are having trouble in our lives it helps us as seek God for help
- knowing that he loves us and would solve the issue or give us a solution for it.
- It‘s a spiritual discipline therefore it forms part of our worship to God.
- Prayer takes us into the spiritual realm where we are able to operate on a spiritual level.
- It builds our faith and trust in God as he answers our prayers.
- It connects the saints together in unity as they pray for each other.
God loves us and will help us in every situation we may face. We need to have faith and believe Him at His word.
We also need to remove all doubt because doubt stops us from getting our prayers answered.
Just be persistent in prayer until you feel that release of a breakthrough; and
Continue daily to build your relationship with Him through prayer.
Be blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus…
– All Scripture Quotations are from the King James Version Bible.