What is prayer?
Prayer, simply put, is having a conversation with God. It is one of the greatest ways we can stay spiritually connected to Him.
As we enter God’s presence, we must:
- Offer praise and adoration
- Repent of our sins
- Forgive those who have wronged us
- Listen to the Holy Spirit as He speaks to us
There are different types of prayers:
- Adoration: a prayer where praises are offered to God for who He is, His goodness, and majesty. You would find many prayers of adoration in the Psalms.
- Confession: a prayer to God where we confess our sins and shortcomings
- Supplication: a prayer of making a request unto God.
- Intercession: a prayer of interceding to God on behalf of someone else.
- Thanksgiving: a prayer of thanking God for His goodness towards us.
Jesus taught His disciples how to pray. As it is written in Luke 11:1-4
And it happened that as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.” And he said unto them, “When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so on earth. Give us day by day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.”
He said to:
Here Are 7 Reasons Why Prayer Is Important
- Prayer helps us to build our relationship with God as we daily communicate with Him.
- It breaks the yokes and bondages over our lives, families, and nations.
- It gives us peace of mind. When we are having trouble in our lives, it helps us seek God for help knowing that He loves us and will solve the issue or give us a solution for it.
- It’s a spiritual discipline and therefore forms part of our worship to God.
- Prayer takes us into the spiritual realm where we are able to operate on a spiritual level.
- It builds our faith and trust in God as He answers our prayers.
- It connects the saints together in unity as they pray for each other.
God loves us and will help us in every situation we may face. We need to have faith and believe Him at His word.
We also need to remove all doubt because doubt stops us from getting our prayers answered.
Just be persistent in prayer until you feel that release of a breakthrough, and continue daily to build your relationship with Him through prayer.
Be blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ Jesus.
All Scripture quotations are from the King James Version Bible.